Significance of Rahu and Ketu in One’s Life
Rahu and Ketu…This is one topic that has always involved quite a lot of mystery. Basically, Rahu and Ketu denote the two points where the paths of the sun and the moon intersect as they move around in the celestial sphere. These cause eclipse to the sun and the moon are considered the biggest enemies of the sun and the moon as they block the light or the consciousness. Rahu looks like a serpent and creates maya. It enhances the desire for material things that do not offer long lasting happiness. Ketu shadows the sun and signifies ego and self-esteem. Rahu fills maya in your mind while Ketu fills in self-realization.
Both, Rahu and Ketu can have different effects depending on the houses in which they are placed. These include:
- Placement in 1st house: Rahu in the first house stands for health issues. Such a person has a strange personality and faces problems in marriage. Ketu in the first house indicates possessing mystic powers. Such a person has a skinny body, irregular appetite and the tendency to get excited.
- When Rahu is placed in the second house, then the person quarrels a lot, faces disputes in the family, has a good financial position and gains wealth. When Ketu is present in the second house then this means that the person will lose out because of frauds while he would gain success in spiritual activities, navigation etc.
- When placed in the third house, Rahu makes a person brave but at the same time makes him face a lot of criticism. On the other hand, when Ketu is present in the third house then it means that the person is strong and adventurous but at the same time, hallucinations of any kind may keep him or her disturbed.
- When Rahu is in the fourth house then he or she may lose friends due to foolish behavior and may become a victim of fraud. Ketu in this house indicates absence of maternal love and chances of settling in foreign country.
- Rahu in the fifth house indicates that the person is hard-hearted and may suffer from heart related issues. On the other hand, Ketu in the fifth house means that the person will suffer from loss of children and will have troubles in stomach.
- As far as the sixth house is concerned, the location of Rahu in this house means a long and wealthy life. Such a person may suffer from diseases and might have enemies. On the contrary, Ketu in this house is considered lucky. It stands for fame and authority and possession of occult powers.
- Rahu in the seventh house indicates unconventional relationships, troubles due to evil spirits and supernatural happenings. An unhappy marriage results when Ketu is in this house. Person may suffer from humiliation and from cancer in abdomen or uterus.
- If a person has Rahu in the eighth house then it means that the person will be quarrelsome and will have to face humiliations of one or the other kind. Ketu in the eighth house long life, lots of wealth and good relationships with people of the other gender.
When Rahu is in the ninth house then it means that the person will acquire lots of wealth and will become famous. On the negative side, it indicates a dominating life partner. Ketu in this house means that the person will be short tempered and will get upset over small things.
- A person with Rahu in the tenth house would acquire fame. He would travel a lot and have flair in poetry and literature. A person with Ketu in the 10th house would face many obstacles in life. However, he would be clever, bold and strong.
- When Rahu is in the eleventh house, the person may become famous and wealthy. He would become a part of army or navy. On the other hand, Ketu in this house means financial losses from stock exchange, lottery, speculation etc.
- Talking about the last house i.e. the twelfth house, Rahu in this house indicates prosperity and long life. The person would be quite helpful. Ketu in this house indicates that the person would be restless and might go away to work in a foreign country, thereby losing his inherited property.
The effects of Rahu and Ketu are a never ending list. There are times when the placement of one leads to some happy consequences while there are times when some unfateful things take place. Despite the effects, astrology is there for you which can help you despite the consequences. You just need to do one thing. Consult a famous astrologer.